In collaboration with ESU-Services and in addition to the system process-based database version, GreenDelta made the ESU World Food LCA Database available for openLCA as a unit process-based database.
The ESU World Food LCA database contains high quality life cycle inventories with a fully transparent documentation. The worldwide LCA food database covers more than 1,600 transparent life cycle inventories (LCI) related to agriculture, food processing and consumption activities. As far as possible, data include information on food waste and water use. Among others, the database covers the following sectors:
- Agricultural production services: application of fertilizers, machinery hours
- Vegetable production: spinach, salad, tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes, onions, asparagus, etc.
- Fruits: apples, strawberries, cherries, grapes, oranges, bananas, vine, melons
- Animal products: pork, veal, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs
- Fish: codfish, herring, mackerel, salmon
- Dairy products: butter, milk, milk powder, yoghurt, cheese
- Meat alternatives: tofu, falafel, quorn, soy vegetarian mince, etc.
- Staple food: noodles, pasta, bread, wheat flour
- Drinks: apple & orange juice, mineral water, tap water, beer, wine, milk, coffee, tea, soy milk
- Sweets: chocolate, ice cream, cakes
- Meals: roast, lasagne, soups, canteen meals, recipes
- Household appliances: cooking stoves and ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, carbonisation devices, coffee machine
- Food consumption: packages, transports, cooking, consumption patterns
- Pet food: cat food
More information about the ESU World Food database are available via https://esu-services.ch/data/fooddata/.
Download ESU World Food database for openLCA
The ESU World Food database for openLCA is available for download via https://nexus.openLCA.org.
GreenDelta GmbH, developer of openLCA, offers openLCA users prioritised and guaranteed professional openLCA support via the GreenDelta helpdesk. Public (User2User) support for openLCA is available via ask.openlca.org.